I bet he is reading this thread and laughing his tail off...
I bet he is reading this thread and laughing his tail off...
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Hmm, I guess I'm missing some history here. What factory 515 re-cone kit was available in the '70s that was 8 ohms AND higher power rated? Plus, my four matched 16 ohm 515Bs play well above 2 kHz before rolling off, so why would he use this relatively low limit in his sweep unless re-coned with a 421-8H kit (assuming it will physically work) which peaks around 2 k?
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
So, what you guys are saying is that you haven't snatched these up quite yet?
I'm waiting for $500,000, I wouldn't pay any less for them.......
Ron
I like the post from 417-Alnico. That's a whole bunch of stuff at what looks to be a really good price no?
Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
[url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
[url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]
This is purely my .02, and not meant to offend.That's a whole bunch of stuff at what looks to be a really good price no?
If a fella had a solid plan to put most of it right to work, i think it'd be worth a closer "in person" look.
OTOH, as an investment, i would not expect any short term return. I think it'd be easy to saturate the market before you hit the break even point. There's a lot of very similar stuff there.
I don't wanna sound like a snob, but there's no "good stuff", no large format horns or drivers, no 515's in any shape or form. The only remarkable driver, an 802D sounds like it's barely a usable core. I value 421's if they're perfect at about 100 bucks a pop, driver bodies marked 804 or 807 i'd hate to even have to give money for.
Honestly, i'm pretty sure the seller will have to lower his starting bid by several thousand, or break the lot into smaller groups before it's going to even get serious tire kickers.
Maybe he should insert my signature in his description as so many before him have.
Anybody remember how the fella up in Canada did with his thirty-six A7-500's?
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Bookmarks